Rehabilitation Education and Community Homes (REACH) began operating in 1996 and has continued to grow and develop.
Our mission statement is:
- To provide care and development for each person according to their individual needs and to provide a home for as long as desired.
- To create an environment, which ensures that the house is regarded as a place where valued people live and they are living together on the positive basis of their abilities rather than their disabilities.
- To ensure that at all times staff recognise the right of individuals to have control over their own lives and in such a way, which enhances the individual’s dignity and self esteem.
- To provide opportunities for people to develop their life skills and potential whilst recognising that this may involve reasonable and calculated risks.
- To provide a stable and supportive background which enables people to develop meaningful relationships and positive self-image.
- To give people the right to be involved in the day to day running of their home and to be consulted when significant decisions affecting their lives are being made.
- To encourage individuals to participate in community activities and new experiences beyond the confines of their home.
The quality of the services depends crucially on the staff who make up the organisation. They are at the forefront of the service and will be valued and nurtured as it’s most important resource.
REACH provides care and rehabilitation to a wide spectrum of people with learning disabilities; whose needs range from challenging behaviour to people with additional clinical and / or physical needs. The care practices and philosophies used by REACH have been developed to ensure that each client feels at home and comfortable, yet stimulated and gaining knowledge.
REACH operates 9 residential care homes for adults with learning disabilities. Offering 74 places within those homes.
REACH has a Head Office in Gerrards Cross, where senior management, bookkeeping and personnel staff are based.
REACH continues with its commitment in providing training for staff including the following: Fire Awareness, Food Hygiene, First Aid, Manual Handling, Health & Safety, POVA Awareness, Medication Awareness and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention.
The company also continues to promote professional development through offering NVQ’s in Health & Social Care.
REACH are at the forefront with new initiatives and local government training initiatives to ensure our staff and residents have the best possible outcomes.